Who are we?
UpSkill Digital is a learning and digital empowerment company with a unique approach. Since 2015 we’ve trained over 500,000 individuals across 34 countries, to develop vital digital skills through our B2B and workforce upskilling programme.
As a company we have big plans to build innovative learning solutions that are adaptable to suit learner needs. We’ve just had our biggest year of growth and we want to build an iconic company recognised for its innovative approach to delivering scalable learning.
We help some of the world’s best-known brands such as Google, Microsoft, BT and HSBC to think big and scale their learning programs, and this role will be integral for further developing that exciting list and managing the team of growth consultants.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Technical Director to lead the selection, implementation, and management of learning technologies at UpSkill Digital. You will lead the Learning Solutions team, you will own the technology roadmap and source and manage the developers to create a robust learning platform. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of all IT services, meeting expectations and business goals.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building robust and commercially drive\\\\\\\ learning solutions
- A strategic and commercially driven leader that cares deeply about learners and long-term outcomes
- Experience building and testing a robust theory of change (TOC) for large scale multinational learning programmes
- Immense experience in curriculum design, workforce learning, blended learning and learning technologies
- Proficiency in working with Learning Management Systems and Experience Platforms (LMS, LXP) and various learning technology platforms is essential
- Excellent understanding of current web and mobile app landscape
- Experienced people leader with a creative approach to driving a learning culture across an organisation
- Experience in live and virtual classroom design and delivery, including the setting up the associated technology/software, enabling interactive and engaging learner journeys
It’d be a bonus if you also:
- Have experience in the areas of learning management or digital transformation
- Have experience with digital content creation
- Proven track record of securing business from large organisations with a prolonged sales cycle and worked with CRM systems
What's the job? Main duties will include:
- Effectively working as part of the senior management team and taking a holistic approach to driving growth for the organisation through innovative learning solutions .
- Responsible for development and successful implementation of the learning technology strategy by bringing cutting-edge learning technologies, approaches and solutions using innovative and creative methods
- Research the market and identify learning trends and vendors that are relevant to our enterprise clients and provide best-in-class learning solutions
- Provide technical advice and support to develop the company and product strategy alongside the strategy team
- Curate and build digital learning pathways to support organisational learning and capability in line with core learning needs (Leadership, Management and Technical Training)
- Oversee each project's life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency
- Implement our approach to leverage data and insights to provide learning analytics, supporting us to use data to make informed decisions, shape our strategy and improve our learning offering for the end user
What we offer you
- Agile working environment
- Internal well-being initiatives
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle Scheme and Tech Scheme
- Access to learning and development opportunities, allowances and loans
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality, so if you feel you would be a great addition to the team, please submit your CV and a video that is no longer than 2-3 minutes.
The video should include:
- Why are you excited to pioneer the future of learning with UpSkill Digital
- What learning technologies are you fascinated by and why?
- Who will make up the key team members of your next learning product build and what are their roles?
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, where all employees can thrive. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.