About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level and we need YOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
At UpSkill we are committed to building learning interventions that inspire a culture of life-long learning and provide organisations with the support, skills and solutions they need to thrive in the digital world. Our learning experiences sit in the sweet spot where industry-leading learning design meets a global ecosystem of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), trainers and perfectly blended delivery.
As we continue to partner with forward-thinking organisations, we have an exciting opportunity and are on the look-out for an exceptional part-time Graphic Designer. Working within our Learning team, you will be an experienced and ambitious individual who can show design experience across both print and digital. You will get hands-on with deck builds, e-learning modules, downloadable guides, sales assets and so much more!
What does success look like?
- An experienced, ambitious graphic designer who can show design experience across both print and digital
- Ability to create engaging visual designs for delivery across decks, online courses and downloadable guides
- Ability to both work to and create brand guidelines and assets
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design
- Strong layout and typography skills, with a keen eye for detail
- An understanding of the latest design trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, agile environment
- A strong project manager and communicator who can manage their own workload
- Understanding of design and production processes
- Ability to animate and illustrate would be a real bonus!
- Experience working for an education, training or eLearning business would also be ideal.
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Delivery of all creative/design work across the business
- Developing and maintaining learning assets for our clients and stakeholders, following their brand guidelines and ensuring we remain innovative at all times
- Delivering high quality, client-ready assets within specific timeframes
- Supporting the Learning Experience Manager on the ideation and implementation of digital learning products and in person training materials
- Creating a range of assets from slide decks to downloadable guides, promotional images, animation clips and short videos
- Work collaboratively with members of the Learning Design team and other teams in order to provide consistently high quality learning program delivery to our clients
- Ensure our products are dynamic, innovative and bold. Taking charge of the design of all UpSkill asset
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will then ask you to submit a video that is no longer than 2-3 minutes answering competency-based questions about the role you're applying for
- You will then be set up for a second stage interview with your potential manager so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.