About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level and we need YOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
UpSkill Digital is looking for an experienced and agile Production Manager to take ownership of the planning, filming and delivery of broadcast-quality, short-form educational video and audio content for UpSkill Digital.
Working with the Director of Learning Experiences, and line-managing a team of Production Assistants, the PM will be responsible for all elements of a/v production across a range of learning projects; including scheduling, recording, budget management, contractor management, talent liaison and pre and post production. Fostering collaborative and positive working relationships with our client servicing teams, service providers - such as freelance creatives, producers, actors, presenters, studios - and client stakeholders will be an essential part of this role, as will your ability to spearhead UpSkill Digital’s strategy when it comes to creating high quality content at pace, that both meets and exceeds client expectations.
UpSkill Digital offers a fast-paced but flexible working environment and we’re looking for someone with creativity, adaptability and diligence in equal measure who will relish the opportunity to support our continued growth. This role would really suit someone who thrives under pressure and enjoys adding structure to previously unstructured processes.
What does success look like?
- 3+ years production management experience (pre, during and post), ideally within education, eLearning or with similar short-form content
- Exceptional organisational abilities with a propensity for spotting and mitigating risks.
- Managerial experience preferred with experience of having managed direct reports, external providers and freelance creatives
- Experience with being solely responsible for scheduling and budget management of small and mid-sized shoots
- A confident and accurate written and spoken communicator, ideally with some experience of Google Workspace
- Experience of sourcing, contracting and briefing freelancers and managing a preferred supplier community (on-camera talent, crew and, ideally, post-production)
- Ability to brief freelance crew and creatives with relevant sufficient technical know-how
- Ability to thrive in an agile and sometimes fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience filming, editing and QAing video content in Adobe Creative Suite would be a bonus!
What are some of the things I should be doing?
- Working with the Learning Design Team and the Client Management Team, map out creative solutions to the delivery of high quality a/v learning content that aligns with target audience, learning objectives, client requirements, and budgets.
- Manage all aspects of production - pre, during and post - including scheduling and budgets.
- Lead on the resourcing of highly skilled, diverse freelance talent - cast, crew and post-production - including contracting, briefing, and delivery of work that meets UpSkill’s high standards. Ideally, you will leverage pre-existing networks and contacts.
- Line-manage Production Assistants and allocate work accordingly based on capacity, capability and scope of work. Provide coaching, support and development opportunities for those you line manage.
- Where appropriate, attend shoots and site visits.
- Ensure quality control of all a/v content production, in line with client brand requirements, and UpSkill Digital’s benchmarked standards of content delivery.
- Evaluate project delivery and strive to optimise processes in an effort to continuously improve our service offering.
- Identify market opportunities when it comes to the innovation of our a/v content.
- Where necessary, support on simple editing tasks in-house - for example producing sizzle reels and teaser videos
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15-minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will then ask you to submit a video that is no longer than 2-3 minutes answering competency-based questions about the role you're applying for
- You will then be set up for a second stage interview with your potential manager so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have the last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.