About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level, and we need YOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter, such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator, after all)
- Well-being initiatives and a jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set-up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
Alongside our benefits, this position offers a starting salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience and location.
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
At UpSkill, we are committed to building learning interventions that inspire a culture of lifelong learning and provide organisations with the support, skills and solutions they need to thrive in the digital world. Our learning experiences sit in the sweet spot where industry-leading learning design meets a global ecosystem of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), trainers and perfectly blended delivery.
As we continue to partner with forward-thinking organisations, we have an exciting opportunity and are on the lookout for an exceptional...
What does success look like?
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a learning designer or instructional designer within a corporate or agency environment, ideally specialising in the design and build of Live Learning and/or E Learning.
- You have significant and demonstrable experience in designing a range of learning content, for a variety of audiences at scale.
- You excel at developing full-stack learning content from concept to lesson plans, course curriculums to decks; from conducting needs analyses to running TTTs; from developing storyboards and scripts, to using the latest technologies to create interactive E Learning content.
- You can confidently build content for a range of organisational levels including for leadership teams, C-Suite, management teams and grassroots employees.
- You have a passion for all things digital and tech related and understand how to leverage technology as a vehicle for impact in learning.
- You have subject matter expertise in all things digital, and a deep understanding of how digital skills interplay with success at work, and you possess an uncanny ability to disseminate this know-how in a learner-centred, impact focused way. When there’s an area you’re not an expert in, you can quickly upskill yourself and work with subject matter experts to craft effective learning experiences regardless.
- You have unparalleled attention to detail and a passion for embodying the client brand and tone of voice in all the content you create.
- You love to ideate, innovate and challenge - constantly finding new and creative ways to engage learners.
- You have experience of working with creative teams and content producers, as well as an ability to own the creation of learning assets yourself; you know when to bring in expert support.
- Your energy, work ethic and attitude is inspiring. You're committed to building intra and interdepartmental relationships that allow you and others to thrive.
- You have a strong commercial nous, and are experienced in creating learning experiences that are commercially viable and optimise financial margins.
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Deliver high quality, client-ready assets within specific timeframes, in line with Learning Programme Manager and client requirements.
- Ensure learning assets produced are learner-centred, pedagogically sound and future-facing.
- Responsible for developing learning materials at pace in line with client needs and that help individuals within organisations, at all hierarchical levels, gain digital skills and compete in the digital age: developing syllabuses, session plans, interactive activities, storyboards, scripts, SCORM packages, audio/ video learning content and deck materials.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Learning Design team (both internal and freelance) and members of other internal teams to provide consistently high-quality learning products to our clients.
- Support the onboarding of new trainers and facilitators to ensure our learning products are delivered as effectively as possible.
- Identify ideal trainer personas and key skills for our learning programmes and work with Talent to ensure individuals are recruited, onboarded and upskilled to deliver the best possible Live Learning product.
- Develop innovative and immersive Live Learning solutions that drive engagement, retention and impact.
- Ensure learning assets produced are learner-centred, pedagogically sound and future-facing while also ensuring we are using IP in legally compliant and sustainable ways, and gathering permissions from use-cases where appropriate.
- Contribute to the creation of sales and marketing assets where appropriate
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality, so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill, so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15-minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- You will then be given the opportunity to showcase your skills by applying yourself to a test we have built for the role
- The final stage will be with your potential line manager; you will have the chance to ask questions, learn a bit more about the team you are joining and clarify any questions they may have about your test
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.