About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level, and we need YOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter, such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator, after all)
- Well-being initiatives and a jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set-up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
As either full or part time Marketing Director, you will own the marketing strategy and will collaborate with our talented team across our hybrid working company to establish clear and measurable goals, and create marketing campaigns that excite and engage clients in the UK and multiple emerging markets. In addition to your demonstrable experience as an established Marketing Director, you will be expected to bring a forward-thinking mindset to the marketing team, utilising new methods; resources and technologies, to drive innovation and optimise marketing performance
We’re considering applications on either a part time (25 - 30 hours per week) or full time basis for this role and so if you believe you have the experience and skills to make a real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
What does success look like?
Affinity working across multiple geos involving global responsibilities across US, EMEA and APAC
- Experience of working in a fast paced scale up business
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- As a member of the Executive Leadership team, you will work with other ELT members with growing and scaling and the business.
- Plan, oversee and execute the implementation of the short, medium and long-term Marketing strategy
- Define and set positive business outcome for Clients taking on large projects
- Establish and implement effective Go-To-Market strategies across all UpSkill Programmes
- Work closely with the sales team in identifying lead generation opportunities
- You will conduct market research aimed at identifying business opportunities
- Keep abreast of industry trends, market change, and activities of competitors, adjusting the Marketing plan accordingly
- You are accountable for reporting on effectiveness of marketing campaigns using predetermined KPIs
- Be the guardian of our brand guidelines and our overall brand strategy across all UpSkill Programmes
- Hire, manage, and develop a strong, high performing Marketing Team
- Collaborate with our Sales Team to plan and execute combined sales and marketing strategies that drive new business, renewals and expansions. A key expectation is to provide tools and materials enabling the Sales Team to function effectively
- Oversee content creation for marketing initiatives including emails, case studies, whitepapers, e-books, brochures, blog
- Your responsibilities include negotiating and collaborating with creative marketing services (graphic design, branding, website, video, copy and PPC) as well as the production of promotional materials
- Create and manage a calendar of events such as webinars and external speaking engagement at conferences - positioning UpSkill as a thought leader in its market areas
Marketing Budget & KPIs
Set and administer an annual Marketing budget in accordance with the company goals
- Oversee all Marketing spend across digital and non-digital channels, defining the balance between awareness, performance and engagement spend
- Determine and implement optimal CRM, Social Media, and MarTech stack strategies, building on our current platforms (HubSpot, Zoom Info, LinkedIn, WordPress, Google Analytics, etc.), developing methods to understand the customer from a marketing perspective based on the organisation’s databases and external data
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality, so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill, so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 30-minute screening call with our HR team so we can get to know you, your ways of working and understand your motivations to join us
- You will then assessed for your skill-set whether that's through a test-based assessment or interview assessment
- You will then be set up for an interview with your potential line manager, so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- Finally, and on occasion, you may be asked to return to a final stage interview with your department head
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.