About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level, and we need YOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter, such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator, after all)
- Well-being initiatives and a jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set-up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
Alongside our benefits, this position offers a starting salary of up to £55,000, depending on experience and location.
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
At UpSkill, we are committed to building learning interventions that inspire a culture of lifelong learning and provide organisations with the support, skills and solutions they need to thrive in the digital world. Our learning experiences sit in the sweet spot where industry-leading learning design meets a global ecosystem of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), trainers and perfectly blended delivery.
As we continue to partner with forward-thinking organisations, we have an exciting opportunity and are on the lookout for an exceptional and experienced HR Manager.
The role will be core to driving the day-to-day operational initiatives, practices and policies of the Human Resources department with deliverables focused on talent attraction, employee engagement, compliance, employee relations and learning and development.
Working closely with the external People Director, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Executive leadership team to implement and deliver against the HR strategy, ensuring that the strategy aligns to organisational objectives and will be responsible for reporting on the quality, effectiveness and success of our practices.
You will oversee the team in the HR department and continue to provide guidance and advice to ensure that the function is continuously optimising our practices in order to achieve the high-performance culture we are trying to attain.
What does success look like?
- Minimum CIPD Level 5 qualified
- 4 years experience in either a HR Manager or HR Generalist role
- Experience working in a start-up and / or agency environment
- Experience working stand alone
- 2-3 years of stakeholder management, working with senior leaders
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Point of contact for all HR related and departmental activities
- Responsible for analysing and implementing policies that are necessary for the organisation
- Implementing processes and procedures to support the departmental activities the HR function is responsible for
- Working with the external People Director to drive and implement a compensation and benefits plan per region, including salary benchmarking, and customary benefits
- Working with the HoDs to support employee lifecycle for each department, providing advice as and when around talent acquisition, performance management, and learning and development
- Overseeing the maintenance of the HR Resource Hub, ensuring that all policies are accessible and the information on the site is kept up to date
- Oversee the management of the HR systems and ensure that they are kept up to date and the data quality is maintained (GoCo and TeamTailor)
- Where practicable, support and coach developing managers to expand their team's people management capabilities and practices
- People partner with HoDs to provide guidance and support on Mid-weight and senior employees probation’ and performance
- With the support of the external People Director, you will be working within the HR team to identify and enabling the recruitment strategy to maximise talent attraction, selection and employee onboarding experience
- Creating and sending out the quarterly employee surveys and producing reports for the Executive team on employee engagement
- Leading quarterly audits on the HR system ensuring all employee data is current and aligns with GDPR
- Working within the team to constantly promote and drive Diversity and Inclusion practices across the organisation - with a core focus on tackling unconscious bias, inclusive hiring and equal representation of gender identities and underrepresented minority groups
- Play an active role in hiring to ensure that best practices and hiring frameworks have been put in place for talent acquisition per department
- Onboarding and implementation of recognition platforms and cadences across the organisation - elevating work performance, fair and meaningful recognition and boosting productivity
- Be responsible for HR reporting on a monthly basis
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality, so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill, so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 15-minute phone call with the Director of HR so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
The second stage is a 45-minute interview with the Director of HR and People Director so we can learn more about your experience and skills. This is also an opportunity to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- The final stage will be an opportunity to apply your skills to some scenario based questions and case studies
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.